Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Claire's Nursery

Well its only taken me two months to finally post pictures of Claire's nursery
(Don't worry, it was actually done and ready for her before we brought her home, I just never took pictures!)
Her nursery was quite the project for Drew and I. I had decided in the beginning that I was going to make her crib bedding. I found a modern quilt pattern at a little store here in Corvallis. This is probably the time I should mention that I had never made an actual quilt before! When we found out we were having a girl, my mom and I took a trip to fabric depot to pick out some fabric. After texting pictures back and forth, Drew and I decided on a fun coral and teal print fabric; I should have realized then how hard it would be to find things to match! 
We bought our crib online, but we couldn't find a dresser or changing table that we really liked, so we decided to re-finish one we found at a second hand store. After we finished the dresser, Drew finished his parents old rocking chair too! More on those transformations here


Claire loves that bird decal! We'll lay her down to change her diaper and she will just lay there and smile and stare at her bird; it's so cute!

See those moving boxes in the background? Yeah I figured if I wanted pictures I better do it before we moved; talk about procrastinating! 

Don't mind the empty frame :) It will get filled someday.

Claire's quilt

Grandma and Grandpa Arnold's old rocking chair, with the quilt Grandma Arnold made for Claire.


Okay, is this not the cutest diaper cake you've ever seen? I haven't been able to convince myself to take it apart; it's just too adorable! 


No comments:

Post a Comment