Wednesday, January 25, 2012

7 Months!


It's that time again! Another month has blown past ( I'm still in shock how quickly January went by!). Someone asked me at the store the other day how old Claire was, and when I went to tell them "almost 7 months" it kinda shocked me. It was like Claire was a little baby in my mind until she hit 6 months, and now that she's passed that I feel like she is so grown up! 
Why do I have the feeling I'm going to be a mess on her first birthday? 

We didn't have a well baby visit this month, so I'm not sure how much she weighs but I measured her to be about 30" for height.


-Claire is sitting completely unassisted now. She usually sits about 10 minutes before she starts to get a little wobbly, usually because a new toy has distracted her.

-Claire has also discovered that she loves to stand! She is still very wobbly and no where near being able to stand for very long on her own but she thinks it's hilarious to hold our fingers and wobble around. We bought her a little push toy a few days ago that we push up against the couch (so it won't roll) and she loves to hold the handle of it act like a big girl!

 -We started swim lessons this month. Claire really loves being in the water and kicking around. The program that we are in really promotes babies being comfortable with going underwater. They like the call them "dips" but really its a nice way of saying "surprise your baby by shoving them underwater!". Claire hates this part. She cries every time. So sad :( We've taken a break from lessons right now due to a scheduling conflict with the aquatic center but I think we're starting back up next month.

-Claire is wearing 9-12 month onsies, 12 month pajamas, and 9 month pants and shirts. She's also in a size 3 diaper.

-I think we are going to have a crawler soon! Claire can scoot herself backwards pretty well, but she is starting to get herself up onto her hands and knees and rock back and forth. Now if only she could figure out the whole going forward thing....

-Claire experienced her first now this month! There wasn't much, and she didn't seem to care much, but she experienced it none the less.

-Claire eats solids 3 times a day now, and eats 6 oz about 5 times a day. Needless to say she growing like crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Love her pictures! She is so precious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is growing up so fast! I can't believe it! We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete