Monday, January 2, 2012

Growing Pains: Separation Anxiety


We're dealing with some separation anxiety right now.

At first I thought it kinda cute. Like "aww my sweet baby just loves me and wants to be near me" cute. Now I'm realizing I can't get anything done!

It's usually fine when Drew is home, although she gets a little upset when I leave the room, but he can usually distract her for a while.

But when he's not home....
Holy. Cow.
Claire just wants to be held or have me in her line of sight all the time. Heaven forbid I leave the room to put something away.

For a while it was only bad at night, right before bed, but now it's all day. I'm wondering if this is part of the reason for her terrible sleep lately.

I know it's a milestone that almost all babies hit, but I am pretty ready for it be over and get my sweet little girl who can keep herself busy for a while back.

No comments:

Post a Comment