Saturday, January 21, 2012

Mustache Bash Baby Shower


I had the honor of hosting a baby shower for my dear friend Aleah this past weekend. Aleah and I have known each other since about 6th grade, when we met on a junior high retreat together!
Here we are way back in the day. Oh high schoolers...

Aleah is expecting her first little one in March; I can't wait to meet baby Max!

I was so excited to host this shower. I'd been pinning mustache and little man ideas on pinterest for months now and I couldn't wait to put them into action. 
Here are some pictures of the day:
I bought the invites {here} and printed them at Staples. Shana also made the menu cards you see in the pictures below.


Some of the ladies at the shower
Jeanie and Claire; Shannon, Amber, and Jeanie; Kristin, Aleah, Claire, Me, and Robbin

Some of the food. Thanks to my wonderful mother for helping me get it all ready in time!
On the menu: Cookie Dough Cupcakes, Pasta Salad, Spinach Empanadas, Carmel Apple Cheesecake Dip and Chicken Salad Puffs.
The cupcake toppers were made from scrapbook paper, a paper punch, toothpicks, some cricut help, and lots of hot glue!


The party favors! I bought the glasses at the dollar tree and used my Cricut to cut mustaches out of vinyl. The paper straws can be found {here}

Here are some of the activities from the shower! 
The mustache photo booth (which we never actually used; we were too busy catching up and talking!)
Guess the date game. I actually made Aleah a chalkboard to go in Max's room and everyone left their guesses for date, weight, and length on it, but alas I forgot to get a picture of it.
And of course the 'Baby things A to Z' game. 

Thank you to my lovely parents who let me use their house to host the shower. And of course thank you to everyone who came! It was so great to be able to get everyone together and shower Aleah and baby Max with lots of presents!
Aleah, I love you and I can't wait to meet your adorable little man!



1 comment:

  1. So cute! This is actually the theme I am using for Cole's 2nd birthday! So it was fun to see what all you did. It turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete