Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day 2012


We were at Fred Meyer checking out, the day before Mother's Day, and the lady in front of me was very pregnant. She told the cashier she had about a month left, it's funny to think that last year that was me! Hugely pregnant, uncomfortable, and anxiously waiting to become a mother.

This year was my first official Mothers Day. Claire decided to get up around 5:00 am but being the nice husband that he is, Drew let me sleep in till 7:15 or so. I know what your thinking; 7:15 am is sleeping in?! Unfortunately with Claire, that is considered sleeping in.

Drew and Claire went and bought donuts and orange juice for breakfast, since all of our kitchen stuff is packed in boxes right now! They gave me the sweetest card, some sour patch straws (yum!) and a new Kindle! A while I ago I posted a link to Kelle Hampton's blog, where she shares the birth story of her daughter Nella, who was unexpectedly born with down syndrome. I've been following her blog ever since and she just released a book, Bloom, about her journey. Drew bought me her book and had it loaded and ready to read. What a sweet man :)

Later in the day we had a little Mother's Day/ Going away barbecue with our friends The Bartletts, The Lee's, The Hammagren's, and The Bates. I cannot even begin to tell you what an amazing support system these women have been. Through being pregnant and becoming mother's together, it's been quite the ride!
This isn't from this weekend, but it's hard to get a picture with that many babies squirming around!

We had such a great time enjoying the sun and letting the kids run around and play. 

Emily and Axle-The Twins!


Swinging with Luke!


Thanks for cooking Brandon!

It was hot outside! 



Thanks to my hubby and sweet girl for an amazing first mothers day, and to my mommy friends for being such a great support system!

Oh and let's not forget my amazing mother. The worlds best mom and grandma.



No comments:

Post a Comment