Friday, May 11, 2012

Show Us Your Life: New Mom's


Kelly, from Kelly's Korner does a series every Friday called "Show us your life" (SUYL), with a new theme each week. This week is all about new mom's, either pregnant or with little ones under 1 years old. If your stopping by from Kelly's Korner, then welcome! 
I'm Ashleigh and I'm a new mom to my sweet little (almost) 11 month old Claire. You can read her birth story {here}
Just about to leave the hospital

I knew my entire life that I wanted to be a mom, but I know now that nothing can really prepare you for the immense amount of joy and love having a child can bring to your life. I won't lie and tell you that it is all sunshine and butterflies all the time, but even after the hardest days with Claire, when I go to tuck my sweet babe into bed all the frustrations and fatigue of the day instantly melt away.

Here are my top 10 mommy thoughts (in no particular order) from the past 11 months:

1) I never knew how heartbreaking and funny these little faces could be:



2) I never realized that I could love my husband even more than I already did. Seeing him step into the role of being a father has been amazing.


3) Consider packing yourself an extra outfit as well as one for your baby. I learned this the hard way.

4) Breastfeeding is ALOT harder than it looks.

5) You will take a 5 minute video of your baby playing or cooing and will never tire of watching it, because to you, your baby is always the most amazing/talented baby in the world! 

6) Having a group of mommy friends is one of the best support systems in the world. I can't tell you how many times we text each other to compare what our kids are doing or to ask for advice. These women are wonderful!

7) Dressing a baby girl is so much fun! I have become obsessed with hair bows and flowers since Claire came along :)

8) Don't compare yourself, or your mothering to other moms. Each family parents the way that they know is best for their child. It was so easy for me to judge the way other parents did things before I became a parent myself. Parenting has really taught me grace and humility.

9) Each day is a brand new adventure, so hold on tight!

10) Babies sleep in the strangest positons. But sleep is sleep so take what you can get!
Booty in the air, head in the corner-Claire's favorite sleep position.


4 comments:

  1. Found You through kelly!! Glad I'm not the only one that will re-watch those videos!!! I'm also the crazy mom that shows everyone lol (they prob could care less!) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay I show the video to everyone too! Sometimes my hubby has to remind me that not everyone thinks a 5 minute video of Claire reading a book is amazing haha I saw your blog too, your little girl is so adorable!

      Delete
    2. Megan, I just looked at your blog again and not only are our girls only 1 month apart but we actually got married the same day...crazy!

      Delete
  2. Each generation adds blessings beyond measure! We love watching the 5 minute videos (over and over again). Papa & Nana

    ReplyDelete