Thursday, June 28, 2012

House Tour: Claire's Room


I'm finally getting around to get pictures of Claire's room! Now that the 1st birthday extravaganza is done, I'm finally getting the house in order and pictures taken.

One of the best things about this rental is that we can paint! 
When we first looked at the house, Claire's room looked like this:


When the owner moved out, they very graciously painted over the huge submarine mural, so the room was a blank slate.

 *sorry a few of the pictures are dark/blurry. I was trying to race to get them taken before Claire pulled all her toys out!*

It's hard to get a good picture of the paint color, but the color is 'Deepest Aqua' by Glidden. I wanted to pick something fun and modern. I pulled the aqua from the two quilts in her room (one from me and one from Grandma Arnold). 



I have a real love hate relationship with this recliner. Drew will not let me get rid of this thing, even though I think it is so ugly (though I will admit, very comfortable). I actually had it hidden in the guest room for a while, and had the rocking chair we refinished in her room. Then Claire started teething again, which led to long rocking sessions, so for everyones comfort the recliner made a return to Claire's room.



We keep a little basket with the wipes container, and a few diapers on top of the dresser. We also have a small bird nightlight (Target), a sound machine (Amazon), and of course some Purel for when life gets a little messy.

Okay this may seem boring, but when I was pregnant and trying to organize Claire's dresser I always wondered how other mom's organized theirs. So here is what I stick in our 6 drawer dresser:

Drawer 1: Onsies. Long sleeves on one side and short sleeves on the other. On a good colors and whites are separated. 

Drawers 2 & 3: Diapers. Pretty self explanatory 

Second Row, Drawer 1: Pants. I try to keep leggings in the smaller bin and pants in the larger. As you can see, real life isn't always so neat and tidy ;)

Second Row, Drawer 2: Pajamas. Separated by fleece, cotton, and two pieces.

Second Row, Drawer 3: Hair Bands and swim suits. I keep most of Claire's hair flowers and bows in her closet on a bow holder, but her headbands and some hats and accessories are in this basket. 

 Third Row, Drawer 1: Socks, Shoes, and Tights. I keep white socks and colored socks in different bins, and I try to keep the tights somewhat organized.

Third Row, Drawers 2 & 3- Random. These drawers are a bit messy looking since they are mostly random stuff. One drawer has extra crib sheets and a few blankets in it, the other has bibs, burb rags, and a few infant toys.

That's Claire's room! We still need to hang her book ledges, and I want to find or make her a mini lounger, or some sort of seating to put in the corner for a book nook eventually, but it's slowly coming together.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I see baby Toms! How sweet. I've been wanting to get some for my little girl. :) Love the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've shown how you organized her drawers! That is helpful for first time moms. And it's pretty much how I have Rachel's drawers organized too!

    ReplyDelete