Sunday, August 5, 2012

Summer Randoms


I swore I was going to be such a good blogger this summer, and document all the fun things we've been doing, but this summer has really gotten away from me! I cannot believe how fast time has flown by. 
I've been pretty lame at getting pictures of actual events, but here is what we've been up to:

- I turned 24 over our family campout a few weeks ago. I'm not sure what it is about 24, but all of a sudden a feel old!

- I recently accepted a assistant coaching position for a junior high (7th and 8th grade) Varsity cheerleading team. I'm really excited to be getting back into a sport that I loved so much in high school!  Practices start tomorrow and I'm a little nervous, but really excited to have something to do outside of the house.

-Drew is still plugging away on his thesis. He's hoping to be able to be done and defend by the beginning of fall term (end of September). We went down to Corvallis with a him a few weeks ago. While he worked on his paper, I went to a baby shower for my friend Sara! She's expecting their 2nd (a little girl named Lily!) mid September. Claire and I were also able to squeeze in a play date with Becca and Luke!

-Claire and I go to the gym about every other day. Mommy works out and Claire plays in the child care room. I think she has lots of fun playing with the other kids, but I can't help but worry about her! From the looks of it when I go to pick her up, its harder on me than on her. I caught her trying to give kisses to one of the older boys when I went to pick her. She's trouble already....

-We've been using the pool at the gym a lot lately too! Claire is loving her little round floaty and flirting with the old men swimming laps.

After writing it down, it sure doesn't seem like much, but between playing with Claire, running errands and cleaning house it sure seems to keep us busy! Now we're gearing up for Drew's sisters wedding, and a few last minute travels and visitors before the summer ends.

I'm hoping to be better about getting pictures, but in the meantime, here are some random pictures from the summer.

Homemade play dough!

 This picture cracks me up; such attitude already.

Checkin out the football field on our evening walk

 Someone was so excited to welcome Daddy home she forgot her pants!



1 comment:

  1. I totally see your mom in the "attitude" photo. :)

    ReplyDelete