Monday, November 26, 2012

An Eventful Thanksgiving


We went over to my parents house for Thanksgiving this year. It was a nice low key day, with just my parents and brother.

We ate some delicious turkey breast wrapped in prosciutto
photo 1 (2)

And lots of yummy other sides that I didn't get pictures of since I was too busy eating them :)

Our plan was for Drew and Claire to go home, and I was going to stay the night at my parents and go shopping with my mom in the morning. Drew was packing stuff up to go home, when Claire took a little tumble into the edge of the coffee table. I wasn't too panicked until I was how much blood there was, and my mom said she probably needed to go to the ER. Then all bets were off, and my raging hormones kicked in and I bawled like a baby. 
Not my best parenting moment. 

We jumped in the car and headed to the ER. Luckily we got there and there was no one else waiting so we were able to get Claire seen quickly. This also happened to be right at Claire's bedtime, so needless to say she was a little mad. She cried when the took her temperature, put the finger monitor on her, and shined the light on her lip. It was meltdown city.
The doctor decided she needed a couple stitches. I knew I was too emotional to be in there while they were stitching her up, so I went and finished registration while Drew stayed with Claire. He said she actually did really well, and was more mad about being held still than anything.

Poor girl, pre stitches
photo 2 (2)

The morning after, with her little stitches
photo 3 (1)

Needless to say, it was quite the eventful Thanksgiving, but it sure made us thankful for good doctors and medical insurance!

Claire is doing fine now, we went and had her stitches removed today (which was a whole other adventure).

3 comments:

  1. Poor girl...Dayna can totally relate to those pesky little stitches in your lip. Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! I hope Claire is feeling better!!! What a fiasco! On the plus side - that turkey looked delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like stepping back 40 years ... Claire's grandma gave her parents the same scare when she hit her head on the corner of a door, also requiring stitches. So sorry for all of you ... hug our little one. Papa & Nana

    ReplyDelete