Tuesday, January 15, 2013

19 and 20 Weeks


In case you missed it, baby Arnold is a boy! 
I was telling Drew before the ultrasound that he should try to sneak a video of the ultrasound tech telling us the gender, but it happened so fast he wasn't prepared! With Claire the ultrasound tech had a hard time seeing around her little crossed legs, so we didn't hear the gender until the very end. This time our ultrasound tech basically set the wand down on my stomach and there was a very clear crotch shot haha.
Drew was completely shocked to hear it was a boy; he had been telling me all along it was another girl. Even though I had been saying I thought it was a boy all along I was a little stunned to actually be right! Everything looked great, but because little man decided to hang out in such a weird position we had to go back a week later to get a few more detailed pictures, which actually turned out great because my mom and Claire were able to come with my and see the baby the second time.

Untitled

Untitled
Yep, its a boy!

Untitled
He refused the move from this position pretty much the entire time. Those are his legs sticking straight up in the air, and he had his arms curled in by the side of his face.

Untitled
His first profile shot!

So far little man remains nameless as Drew and I cannot agree on anything! 
Naming a girl is so much easier.
How far along? 
19 weeks 
Maternity Clothes?
Yes
Sleep:
Much better! I'm actually feeling like I wake up with energy this week!
Best Moment this week?
Finding out we're having a little man, and watching him be stubborn for the ultrasound tech. Looks like I'm bound for two stubborn children :)
Miss anything?
No
Movement?
Yes, he is a kicker.  Claire was more of a stretcher, but I think little man prefers to kick and jab.
Food cravings?
No
Queasy or sick?
I've been feeling so much better this week! Energy and nausea free
Started to show?
Yes
Gender Prediction?
Boy
Labor Signs?
No
Belly button in or out?
In
Wedding rings on or off?
On
Happy or moody?
Happy

Untitled
I'm not sure what it is, but I feel like I look ginormous in this picture! 

How far along? 
20 weeks 4 days 
Maternity Clothes?
Yes
Sleep:
Much to my husbands dismay, I've added another pillow to my sleeping regimin; this baby makes getting comfortable difficult!
Best Moment this week?
Working on little misters bedroom 
Miss anything?
Really working out. I'm starting to feel a little ridiculous at the gym.
Movement?
Yep. I think I felt the first bout of baby hiccups this week.
Food cravings?
Deviled eggs. Yeah, I know, weird. It happened with Claire too. But thanks to this craving I tested out Alton Brown's trick of hard 'boiling' your eggs in the oven (325 for 30 minutes)...amazing! I can't believe how much easier they are to peel and how much better they taste!
Queasy or sick?
I jinxed myself by writing on the chalkboard that I was feeling better :( After almost 1.5 weeks of feeling good, I'm back to feeling nauseous 
Started to show?
Oh yes
Labor Signs?
No
Belly button in or out?
In
Wedding rings on or off?
On
Happy or moody?
Happy


1 comment:

  1. yay!! You are going to LOVE having a boy they are so much fun to dress up too :)

    ReplyDelete