Thursday, February 28, 2013

25 Weeks


Seeing that I am now almost at the end of 26 weeks, and have yet to do a chalkboard for this week, I am going to call week 26 a goner.
Here's hoping I get on top of it for week 27!

Week 25 has brought back some morning sickness, but thankfully it's just the queasiness. This week also started with my glucose test. While it wasn't as gross going down as I remember (not to say it's not gross, because it is!), it was a bigger bottle than I thought, and I was feeling pretty sick to my stomach afterwards. My doctor suggested eating something carb loaded when I got home to help soak it up, so I downed a bagel asap. I passed the test with an 83 (passing is anything <=130), so thankfully I won't be doing that again.

I am measuring about a week ahead and the doctor and I talked a little about how big this baby would be. While she isn't concerned about me measuring ahead (she said +/- 2 weeks is normal), Claire was a big baby at almost 9 lbs and 5 days early! She said she would probably have me do another ultrasound around 35 weeks to see how little man is measuring, and if he looks on the large side, she probably wont let me go past my due date.

Here's a fun little comparison: Same shirt, 25 weeks with Claire on the left and 25 weeks with little man on the right. Drew and I both think I look like I'm carrying higher this time.


How far along? 
25 weeks 
Pregnancy Weight Gain?
10 lbs 
Maternity Clothes?
Yes
Sleep:
Getting uncomfortable!
Best Moment this week?
Watching this little one try to kick his way out. I forgot how funny it is to see your belly contort when they move.
Miss anything?
laying on my stomach.
Movement?
Yes, this kid is a ninja! 
Food cravings?
No
Queasy or sick?
Queasy! I had to leave church halfway through service to stand outside for a while, thankfully the cool air helped a lot.
Started to show?
Yes. I think just this week I felt like "oh wow, my belly is really big. I look really pregnant". Obviously I've looked pregnant for a while, so I must have been in a hormonal denial phase.
Labor Signs?
A few braxton hicks here and there, but this is about the time they started with Claire too.
Belly button in or out?
In
Wedding rings on or off?
On
Happy or moody?
A good hormonal mix of both. Poor hubby.


1 comment:

  1. ugh, i didn;t like the test. I had to sit there for ever and it tasted like a flat orange soda, plus i can't stand giving blood.

    ReplyDelete