Monday, February 25, 2013

Zoo Trip


This post is about a month late too....double oops!

It had a been a while since we had used our zoo membership, so when Drew's sister invited us to go to the zoo with their family, we thought it was the perfect opportunity to get out of the house. We lucked out and got decent weather; cold but not raining! 

It turned out to be a good zoo day as lots of animals were out! I feel like I must not have that great of luck at the zoo because normally when Claire and I go, the animals are all hiding.

You can sort see the lions in the background behind Claire and I.
Untitled

Cousin Henri and Claire in the safari truck!
Untitled

I normally skip the monkey exhibit since they all tend to be hiding, which makes for a rather boring detour, but I am so glad we took the time to walk through it. This guy was just hanging out right up against the window and even sat and looked right at Claire for a while. It amazes me how much bigger they are up close than I would have thought!
Untitled

We thought about going to see the baby elephant, but then we heard the line was 45 minutes long and they were planning on shutting it down soon, so we decided to skip it and play with the baby elephant statues instead.
Untitled

As we were headed to possibly see the elephant we ran into this guy! Claire didn't seem too impressed but the rest of us were ;)
Untitled

And of course, Claire's favorite part, the aquatic animals. This girl could stay and watch the otters and fish all day long if I'd let her.
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment