Other than a few little details, Hunter's room is done!
It feels so good to have at least one room put back together and unpacked.
This room was by far the biggest pain to paint. I painted all of the trim, which was one coat of primer and two coats of paint, and because the walls were such a deep red to begin with, I had to paint all the walls with two coats of primer and two coats of paint! Needless to say, I took a little painting vacation after that.
I made Hunter's crib sheet, changing pad cover, and crib skirt from fabric that I found at fabric depot.
Since Hunter's room is on the smaller side I wanted to go with a light color to make the room feel bigger. I color matched the grey from his crib sheet, and when I found the orange polka dot rug at Ikea I decided that was going to be my accent color to help keeping the room from looking like a grey blob :)
The picture ledge is also from Ikea, and I added the collage from our newborn photographer, a teddy bear from great grandma and grandpa Wood, at the guest book plate from my baby shower.
And just for fun, a little before and after shot:
I am loving how much brighter it bigger if feels in the room now with the bright white trim and light grey on the walls.
Now if the rest of my house would just paint itself....