Wednesday, September 11, 2013

House Tour: Living Room


I finally got pictures taken of the living room! It's hard to get pictures when the kids hate to nap at the same time!

The living room is a definite work in progress, but we got the majority of the little things done for now. 

Here is the room before we moved any of our stuff in:
IMG_7902

And with our stuff and new paint:
The lighting makes the paint look beige, but it looks much more grey in person. 
Eventually we'd like to take out the fireplace (Gasp! I know, but we never use it and it seems like a waste of space) and add some built in's along that whole wall (something like this). Right now it's just a big grey blob!

I think once we add the built in's and some accessories the room will look much brighter. Drew and I both loved the idea of grey walls, but I was hesitant at first since our couch is so dark. I love all the rooms I see on pinterest with light grey walls and gorgeous white couches, but with too small kids we needed to be practical, and a dark couch was the way to go for us. I think with the lighter pillows really help keep the space light and airy even with the big dark sectional.

We painted all the trim and refinished all the hardware on the doors in this room, and I can't believe what a difference it makes! 

 I made new cases for the throw pillows on the couch. The old covers seemed to dark and dull against the grey walls. The fabric for the pillow covers were found at Joann Fabrics. 

Like I said, still a work in progress, but it's already feeling more like home with our new paint!



No comments:

Post a Comment