Tuesday, January 7, 2014

One big, huge, Christmas Post


Since I am so behind on posting about Christmas and all our other Christmas festivities, I am going to be lazy and compile them all into one post!

We spent a Saturday making "gingerbread" houses. I wasn't sure how into Claire would be so I opted to just use graham crackers and save myself the time of making gingerbread in case our plan failed. Claire had lots of fun decorating, but I think her favorite part was shoving all the candy in her mouth as fast as possible! I had to remind her to put some on her house too :)


Oh, and Hunter had fun too! 

The next weekend we had our family Christmas with my mom's side of the family. Growing up all the cousins would get together and we'd get to set up the nativity that my grandparents have had since my mom and her sisters were little. It was always a fight over who got to hang the angel so we had a rotating list going. Well we're all older now, so Claire got to help nana set up the nativity and hang the angel this year. 




On Christmas eve we went over to my Dad's and Step Mom's house, but apparently even though we took the camera we never got any pictures! I blame it on the fact that Hunter was keeping us on our toes with his attitude that night!

Drew's parents were able to come over from Bend for Christmas, so after Christmas eve service they made their way to our house. It was so fun to have them there with us for Christmas morning!

We hosted Christmas dinner with my parents, brother, and Drew's parents on Christmas day, and in the frenzy of making sure we had everything for dinner I totally forgot about Christmas breakfast! We were down to one egg, but I miraculously had everything to make my Mom's caramel rolls (which was always a Christmas tradition growing up) so it ended up working out perfectly! I'll have to be more prepared next year haha.

Drew and I wanted to make something for Claire for Christmas, so we decided on a barbie doll house. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun! We spent many a late nights together working on it, and I think we were both relieved to see that Claire loved it! It was hard to get her to open any of her other presents because all she wanted to do was play with the doll house. I'll do a separate post about it later :)

Hunter had a good Christmas too, he thoroughly enjoyed shoving wrapping paper and bows in his mouth as fast as possible in hopes that mommy and daddy wouldn't catch him. Sorry bud! 





The end of the day was a little rough since Hunter cut his first tooth. We had all the classic symptoms, including some lovely diaper rash, so we ended our Christmas with a little naked time :)

Christmas felt so much more magical this year; I think Claire is at that perfect age where everything seems so amazing, and it really made Drew and I excited to watch her experience it all. I'm already excited for next year! 





No comments:

Post a Comment