Saturday, February 8, 2014

Jake



On January 20th, we added a new member to our family!
It all happened quicker than we expected, but it was something we had been thinking about for a while. We were actually on a wait list for a litter of golden retriever puppies for the spring, as we found it almost impossible to find older golden retrievers for adoption.

Cue Monday morning and I'm quickly scanning the NW Pets page (on facebook) and I see that a girl has just posted an ad to re-home her 1 year golden retriever since she didn't have the time to devote to him. I texted Drew a picture, mostly just joking, and he texted me back and said to call her! 

I talked to the girl for a while and she said she would let me know and that there were several other people interested. As we were texting a little later she let me know that someone was coming that night to look at him. I texted Drew and told him someone else was getting him, and then about 2 minutes later I got a text from the girl saying the original lady had cancelled and she liked us better anyways. 

Drew came home early from work and the girl actually drove Mater (his original name haha) all the way from Corvallis, to our house so she could make sure he fit well with our family. 

We did a mad run around to buy a crate, some toys, and food, and just like that we had a dog!

It's been about three weeks now and we are so happy! Jake is such a great dog, it's been more than we could have hoped for. He is great with the kids, loves to play when we're outside but when we come in he is totally calm and lays with me while I play with the kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment