Friday, September 5, 2014

Claire's Under the Sea Party

I cannot believe that Claire's party was almost 2.5 months ago, and I am just now getting to blog about it. 
Claire was going through a mermaid/nemo/ocean animals phase, so I thought I'd combine them all into one and do an under the sea party for her. This year was the first year she had a specific list of friends she wanted to invite to her party; it's so fun seeing her make friendships on her own.

 We had been talking about getting a play structure for the backyard for a while, so we combined Hunter and Claire's presents and my parents went in on it with us too, and we took the plunge. It has been awesome! I love being able to let the kids play in the backyard even if we don't have time to actually go to the park.

We worked on it in the garage in evenings after the kids went to bed for a week leading up to the party. Thankfully Mom and Dad Arnold came to stay with us the night before the party, because Dad and Drew got it all put together in the backyard that night! We got to surprise Claire with it the next morning before her party, which was so fun! 






Another great reason that Mom and Dad came to stay with us? I could give my mother in law my pinterest ideas and she brought them to life! I was nervous about carving the shark watermelon, so I was happy to pass it off to my talented mother in law :)

 Sand toy party favors for Claire's party guests 
 Hunter and Grandma Arnold.
 These three girls are so sweet together! Claire was in heaven having her friends over to play tea party and dress up for hours :)


Can't believe we have a 3 year old! Where has the time gone??

No comments:

Post a Comment