Friday, September 5, 2014

Whirlwind

What a whirlwind of a summer! One day I was thinking "I need to sit down and blog Claire's birthday" and then I turn around and we're at the end of summer and I have a whole lot more to catch up on!

So here is a very brief recap of what we've been up to this summer

We knew we were going to go camping at the beach this summer with my family, so since Hunter has never been camping before we thought we'd do a short test run close to home. We went to Indian Henry outside of Estacada for just one night. The kids did great during the day and had a great time splashing around in the creek and Hunter really loved eating the dirt.

And then came night time. Claire passed out as soon as we put her in her sleeping bag, Hunter on the other hand cried on and off for almost an hour and half. The people next to us were slamming their car doors and screaming at their kids, so every time we finally got Hunter to sleep, he would hear them and wake back up; it sure made for a long night!





The kids then woke up at 5:40am and in an effort to keep them quiet and not wake up the entire campground, we stuck them in the car with dry cereal while we packed up. We were packed up and back home by 7:15am. We all took naps that day ;)

At the beginning on the summer I took the head coaching position at Sandy High School for their cheerleading team. I am so excited for this crazy adventure, but holy cow, it is a ton of work! I have only ever assistant coached, so I never had to deal with the parents, the fundraising, the paper work, etc... which can make me feel like a crazy person sometimes. As of right now, I am coaching both JV and Varsity, which is 41 girls. Yes, 41 girls! I was hired after tryouts and the old coach had a thing for LARGE teams, but it's been good so far. I have some really awesome girls, and I'm hoping for a great first year!


We bravely went to the beach to try our second shot of camping with Hunter. I am so happy to report that this time went much better! It helped to have lots of people around willing to help with the kids, and they had so much fun playing with their second cousins.
It was pretty windy at the beach, so we didn't last a really long time, but both kids had so much fun splashing in the ocean and playing in the sand.





Hunter and Claire both really loved the ocean, even in the crazy wind!



Drew also switched jobs at the beginning of summer, so he's been settling into a new routine too. He's actually closer to home now too which is great! It's so nice that his commute is shorter and he can be home earlier with the kids, since there is such limited time between dinner and the kids' bedtime.

And now summer is over. Claire has started preschool, and football season is full swing as of yesterday. I'm hoping to get into a good routine now that our schedule is more consistent, and hopefully blog more than once every couple months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment