Saturday, November 26, 2016

First Day of School!

This was a big year for us for school!
Claire started kindergarten (full day) and Hunter started 2 day a week preschool!

Everyone told me that kindergarten was hard as a parent, and I naively thought that wouldn't apply to me. Claire had always loved preschool and did very well; she was so excited to start kindergarten and I love seeing her excitement to learn. All this to say, I didn't think I would have much of a hard time letting her go off to kindergarten.

Fast forward to the first day of school....I was a mess! I held it together until after drop off, but holy cow I was an emotional wreck! I couldn't believe I was just leaving my baby to go to school ALL DAY, with people I barely knew!
She came home and was full of excitement about school, and new friends, and her teacher, which helped ease some of my worries, but it still took me a good couple weeks to really feel more at ease with her being gone all day.





Hunter's preschool (the same one Claire attended) starts a week after the rest of the school district, and oh man, let me tell you, that was a rough week for him! Getting to see his sister go off to school everyday while he was stuck at home was hard! Finally the day came and he got to go off to school! 
It was a little weird dropping him off at school, but I have to say, it was great to have a little peace and quiet ;) He is loving school and still gets so excited to go every week. 

You might not be able to tell by the pictures, but he was a tiny bit excited about it.

My big kids, off to school! 


No comments:

Post a Comment